Womenswear brand wool& has created a completely traceable supply chain for its Merino wool collection, highlighting the natural fiber’s origin and journey. In partnership with The Woolmark Company, every piece in wool&’s fall apparel line features Merino wool from a small farm in South Australia, with over 100 years of family history.
Merino wool is 100% natural, renewable and biodegradable with its ability to adjust to the body’s temperature based on changes in weather. By creating a completely traceable collection, wool& aims to highlight nature’s wonder with a fiber that is created on a simple blend of sunshine, grass, water and fresh air. wool& hopes to use traceability as a way to connect their consumer directly to the source: “We are thrilled to partner with The Woolmark Company to set up a traceable supply chain that tracks our ingredients back to the source in Australia. As producers, we have a responsibility to the land, the people, and the animals that are behind our clothing and it was time to take our customers on this journey,” said Mac Bishop, Founder of wool&.
wool& has worked in partnership with The Woolmark Company to build long-lasting relationships with woolgrowers that they know and trust, and to develop a traceable supply chain, The McBride family farm was hand selected for their high quality of fine Merino wool and innovative farming practices.
The farm is specifically focused on improving energy efficiencies, land conservation and biodiversity. “We take on the responsibility of preserving the environment for future generations and our aim is to leave the land and its natural resources in a better state than we acquired them,” says Keith McBride, Chairman of AJ & PA McBride Ltd.
In a 12-month journey along the supply chain, Merino wool from the McBride family farm in South Australia is transformed into garments in Korea, and then distributed through the U.S., to finally make its way to wool& consumers all over the world.
wool&’s traceable fall assortment includes a range of dresses are so versatile, some women are even wearing their dresses for 100 consecutive days. Thanks to Merino’s natural properties, garments can be washed less often, which can have positive environmental impacts. Merino wool is anti-wrinkle, odor and stain resistant, and soft and comfortable, which make the pieces ideal for the “new normal” as women are working from home and juggling many changes in their routines.
wool& is committed to sourcing Merino wool exclusively from the McBride family business, to drive environmental preservation and prosperity for the Australian Merino wool industry.
Visit wooland.com/farm to take a tour of the McBride family wool farm to learn more.
- Rowena Swing Dress
- Made with 78% Merino wool. Our most popular dress, complete with pockets and a simple silhouette. Spun with a 17.5 micron wool core and two small nylon filaments to increase durability, reduce pilling, and improve shrink resistance.
- Willow Swing Dress
- Made with 78% Merino, ¾ sleeves and a V-neck. A pocketed Merino dress in a flattering fit that wants to be worn every day of the week.
- Sierra Tank Dress
- Made with 75% merino wool midweight French Terry fabric. The Sierra dress is complete with patch pockets and a crew neckline—you’ll want to lounge in it as much as you wear it out.
- Mara Dress
- Made with 75% Merino wool French terry fabric. The Mara dress features patch pockets, a funnel neck and drop shoulder.
- Ellie Midi Wrap Dress
- Made with 78% ultrasoft merino wool. The Ellie is a midi-length, faux wrap dress for easy elegance. Complete with 3/4 length sleeves, inseam pockets, and a side tie.
The traceable, wool& collection is available at https://wooland.com/.
Select the images you want to download and then click the Download Images button at the bottom of the page.