Leading independent running brand Tracksmith launches its first Run Commute Collection featuring Australian Merino wool, the ultimate fibre for seamless and comfortable running, as the fall season sets in for 2020.
“In 2020 people are reimagining the way they get where they need to be. As a result, run commuting is growing in popularity, as it is time-efficient, healthy and inexpensive. It’s also never been so essential,” says Tracksmith founder and CEO Matt Taylor.
“But run commuting takes considered gear. That’s why we’ve introduced our first-ever Run Commute Collection, featuring tailored staples for active transport made from Australian Merino wool and developed with support from The Woolmark Company. Merino is the ideal material for a run commute: breathable and moisture wicking, with a sophisticated feel that won’t look out of place if you stop for coffee. It dries in a flash and won’t retain odours for the run home.”
Merino wool continues to flourish as a staple fibre for Tracksmith season after season, including the best-selling Harrier product-line which features 89% Australian Merino wool. The current collection boasts Tracksmith’s largest Merino wool assortment to date, with a sustained increase of Merino wool’s presence in the brand’s products since 2018. As nature’s original performance fibre, Merino wool is temperature regulating, moisture-wicking and has the ability to dry quickly while resisting odour, allowing runners to commute and remain in their gear or re-wear pieces for the return commute. These performance benefits have become something that runners of today increasingly demand, making Merino wool an indispensable ingredient across the brand’s product range.
Tracksmith put the collection through its paces by testing the product with three avid runners in London and New York before the official launch. The practicalities of running to and from work were carefully considered for this collection, inspiring new features for convenience and movement with the essentials.
The Run Commute Collection features the:
Run Commute Jacket (Men’s & Women’s)
- A custom-developed Merino stretch woven jacket, designed for maximum versatility with sophisticated tailored details and water resistance.
- Features an invisible zip pocket set into sash seam with a vertical pocket to securely store a phone, card or key while running.
Run Commute Pants (Men’s & Women’s)
- Merino stretch woven pants, designed for maximum versatility with sophisticated tailored details and water resistance.
- Clean lines and classic styling paired with performance, for a refined look and the feel of a track pant.
Run Commute Shorts (Men’s & Women’s)
- A first-of-its-kind Merino stretch woven short, utilizing the inherent technical properties of Merino in a woven fabric with four-way stretch for running hard.
- It features a Merino jersey liner, is water resistant, and includes two zippered pockets and a small key pocket.
Harrier Tee, Tank and Long Sleeve (Men’s & Women’s)
- Tracksmith’s best-selling all year-round training top
- Featuring a superfine Merino wool blend, the Harrier is feather light, ultra-breathable and won’t smell no matter how much you sweat
Brighton Base Layer Tank (Men’s & Women’s)
- A seamless Merino wool base-layer made from an engineered Merino wool mesh
Merino Brief (Men’s & Women’s) and Boxer brief for Men
- First underwear product from Tracksmith featuring high-stretch and incredibly soft Merino wool with enough structure to prevent bagging.
Daily Crew Socks
- Soft and lightweight silk yarns combined with the quick-drying, anti-odour properties of Merino wool to provide easy all-day wearability. https://www.tracksmith.com/products/daily-crew-sock
The Run Commute Merino collection is available to customers globally at Tracksmith.com.
Join the conversation
Select the images you want to download and then click the Download Images button at the bottom of the page.