The Woolmark Company will be presenting the latest edition of The Wool Lab at Milano Unica.
Presenting partner of ON Stage since its establishment in 2009, The Woolmark Company is committed to educating and supporting emerging designers by inviting them to discover the quality and versatility of Merino wool.
This edition of ON Stage is incredibly rich with young designers from developing and emerging markets, such as China, Australia, Brazil and Africa, where the use of Merino wool still has great potential for growth. Ten young and emerging talents will show their collections during a unique event at the Hippodrome in Milan, celebrating the opening of Milano Unica and The Woolmark Company, on the evening of September 11.
Through ON Stage, The Woolmark Company confirms once again its support of young designers’ creativity, embodied in the International Woolmark Prize, the historic award that features Karl Lagerfeld and Yves Saint Laurent among its most famous past winners, and which re-launched in 2012 with great success.
At Milano Unica, The Woolmark Company will also be presenting The Wool Lab, the seasonal guide to the most inspiring trends and most interesting wool products, and an informative update regarding its global Marketing and R&D programs, including:
- The Wool Lab 2013/14, the seasonal guide to the wool trends and products for Autumn Winter. It presents a selection of the most interesting and quality fabrics and yarns by the leading weavers and spinners of the world, offering to brands, designers, retailers, manufacturers, media and other fashion and textile professionals both an inspiring trend book and a useful sourcing guide.
- Cool Wool, a global marketing program conceived by The Woolmark Company to highlight the finest Merino wool suitable for warm climates and environments. It supports weavers through communication and promotional activities in markets with a strong potential for light wool fabrics, such as the Middle East and Asia.
- Woolmark Gold, a marketing program targeted to high net worth Chinese consumers that reinforces Merino wool’s premium credentials and builds the market share for Merino wool in this increasingly lucrative regional market.
The Woolmark Company is at Milano Unica in:
- Idea Biella, Central Area Aisle E
- Moda In, Pavilion 4 Aisle H
The Woolmark Company will meet the International trade press during the official press conference organised by Milano Unica, on September 12 at midday.