AWI chairman Mr Wal Merriman and China National Textile and Apparel Council President Mr Wang Tiankai present awards to the winners from Sunshine and Ruyi.
The awards aim to promote China’s wool textile industry, expand product research, market China’s superior textile enterprises to global purchasers and expand the innovative applications of Australian Merino wool.
China has long been an important market for Australian Merino wool. Over the past decade consumption of Australian Merino wool by Chinese textile companies and Chinese consumers has increased steadily. As consumption has grown, the expertise in working with Australian Merino wool has increased.
“The Woolmark Company is pleased to be working alongside the China Wool Textile Association to launch the inaugural Australian Merino Wool Best of China Wool Awards 2014,” said The Woolmark Company Managing Director Stuart McCullough.
“The awards are a way for The Woolmark Company to highlight the outstanding achievement in wool manufacturing in China. The submissions have come from our key partners with whom we have been working alongside for many years with great success. The opportunity to recognise and award their great achievements is our way to celebrate the bond between the Australian wool industry and the Chinese textile industry.”
The award categories cover woven fabrics, knitted fabrics and knitting apparel, with awards for most luxurious wool fabric, best woven product in quality, best wool fashion product and best technical innovation.
Textile companies across China were invited to participate in the awards, with entries opening in June. To enter, companies submitted a selection of wool-rich fabrics. A shortlist was developed based on the quality of the fabrics submitted. A judging panel of industry experts from CWTA and The Woolmark Company assessed each entry across two days in September in Beijing.
“China Wool Textile Association has always supported The Woolmark Company to carry out various activities to help China’s wool textile enterprises,” said China Wool Textile Association President Wang Shu Yuan. “The awards aim to encourage the use of wool and increase the influence of wool textile enterprises in the international market.
“We are looking forward to establishing a closer relationship with The Woolmark Company and offer a better service for Chinese Wool Textile Association members. At the same time, we want more consumers to experience, love and enjoy Australian Merino wool – one of the world’s most premium natural fibres.”
The winners are:
- Most Luxurious Product Worsted Fabric: Shandong Nanshan Fabric and Garment Company Ltd
- Most Luxurious Product Woollen Fabric: Shandong Companion Group Company Ltd
- Best Woven Product in Quality Worsted Fabric: Shandong Ruyi Woolen Textile Company Ltd; and Jiangsu Sunshine Group Company Ltd
- Best Fashion Product Worsted Fabric: Lanzhou Sanmao Industrial Company Ltd
- Best Fashion Product Woollen Fabric: Zhejiang Linglong Textile Company Ltd
- Best Fashion Product Semi-Worsted Fabric: Shengzhou Youngor Wool Textile Company Ltd
- Best Fashion Product Knitted Fabric: Jiangsu Danmao Textile Company Ltd
- Wool Technical Innovation Fabric: Wuxi Xiexin Worsted Spinning Weaving And Dyeing Company Ltd
- Best Knitted Product in Fashion Apparel: Zhejiang Qianqiu Knitwear Company Ltd
- Wool Technical Innovation Knitted Apparel: Beijing BIFT Fashion Investment Management Center