This year’s fashion jury, chaired by Felipe Oliveira Baptista (designer and artistic director at Lacoste, Paris), selected 10 young fashion designers from nine countries for the final competition:
- Tomas Berzins & Victoria Feldman, Latvia - Russia, Women’s collection
- Henning Jurke, Germany, Men’s collection
- Camille Kunz, Switzerland, Men’s collection
- Yvonne Poei-Yie Kwok, the Netherlands, Women’s collection
- Xénia Lucie Laffely, France - Switzerland, Men’s collection
- Satu Maaranen, Finland, Women’s collection
- Marion de Raucourt, France, Women’s collection
- Damien Ravn, Norway, Women’s collection
- Shanshan Ruan, China, Women’s collection
- Xing Su, Canada, Women’s collection
The Woolmark Company proudly participated in the festival as a way to affirm its ongoing support of emerging talents in the fashion industry, and highlight the beauty and potential of Merino wool. Education and support for the new generation of fashion professionals are amongst the top priorities for the company and for the Australian wool industry, which have played a prominent role alongside the creative avant-garde for more than 60 years.
The Woolmark Company’s participation in the festival also reinforces the role of the company and of the Australian wool industry within the French fashion and textile system.
Read more about the Festivel de Hyères and its award winners here.