Retailers unite for the Campaign for WoolPrint
In celebration of the 2012 Campaign for Wool, retailers from across Australia will come together for Wool Week, April 23 to 29. From in-store events to window installations, wool will be on show this season.
In true farm to fashion style, the Wool Week events will begin with an ‘urban farmyard’ at Sydney’s Queen Victoria Building on Monday April 23 and feature models wearing wool garments from retailers including Country Road, Karen Millen, Saba and Sportscraft.
Made possible only through the support of dedicated wool lovers and partnering brands, Wool Week is a bumper to bumper schedule of events and activities:
- 23rd April – Wool Week Launch, Queen Victoria Building, Urban Farmyard
- 24th April – opening night of Wool Modern at Piers 2/3 (open to the public 25th April – 1st May)
- 27th April – Melbourne-based brand Obus are holding workshops to create a knitted installation in-store from 27th – 30th. Over the four days we will have knitters coming in and begin knitting using different wools and knitting methods to create an installation that will feature both in the window and in the Flinders Lane Store
- 28th April – Little Red’s Craft Cupboard host a beanie knitting competition in-store
- 30th April – Romance Was Born opens Mercedes Benz Australian Fashion Week, hosting their show at Wool Modern, Piers 2/3
- 3rd May – Melbourne store Husk partners with knitwear brand Cable to present their joint collection
- 3rd May – 16 pieces from the Wool Modern exhibition will be shown throughout the Queen Victoria Building
- 9th May – M.J. Bale celebrates the launch of the Bale Trail in conjunction with the Campaign for Wool at their flagship store on Queen St, Woollahra.
- Throughout April and during Wool Week, The Corner Shop at the Strand Arcade will host knitting classes and will feature a specially commissioned knitted display by Purl Harbour.
Not to be missed, the Moore Park Supa Centre will turn into a wool wonderland with wool products being showcased around the centre. Also supporting Wool Week, Godfrey Hirst will cover 300 of their stores nationwide in Campaign for Wool signage, as will Bambi who will spread the Campaign for Wool message throughout their retailers Harvey Norman and Snooze.
Retailers supporting the Campaign for Wool
Camilla and Marc
The Corner Store
Jac + Jack
Window decals and point of sale promotions:
Ginger and Smart
20 QVB retailers
EMU - 50 of their stockists
Allure on Main
The Sheep’s Back
Wool Products Australia
The Big Merino
About the Campaign for Wool
The Campaign for Wool is a five-year campaign launched by HRH The Prince of Wales to educate consumers about the benefits. Run by a coalition of industry groups convened by HRH the Prince of Wales, The Campaign for Wool launched in October 2010 with Wool Week, which saw more than 100 retailers in the UK celebrating wool with woollen windows displays, knitting events and events which saw sheep popping up in the most unexpected places across the world.
For further information on any of the Campaign for Wool retailer activities please contact:
Woolmark Media Communications
Telephone: +61 2 8295 3103